Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just before bedtime

...well, technically it's beyond bed time.  I made myself white hot chocolate to send me all sleepy, but don't think i actually needed it.  Think that was more of an excuse anyway!

I was in job no 2 today, and i do enjoy it.  It can really drag sometimes, but staff are mostly a great laugh and the kids are headaches and completely stealing my heart all at the same time.  Really sucky thing i had to do though; a room search.  Because one of the yp has self harmed.  I had to go through their stuff and search for sharp things.  It breaks me that they'd do that to themselves.  Another one makes themself sick on purpose so that they don't have to go to school - i just, it's beyond me.  They're all so hurt and broken and lost and it just makes me so sad to see the effect of their upbringing and surroundings effect them in such a negative way.  I can see parts of their true selves shining through, and i want to grab that person and pull them forwards - they're all so amazing, 'stuff' aside.

Anyway, they're totally the kind of kids i want to be working with.  Well, saying that - broken kids...the community i work in is totally the place i want to be working in...if that makes sense.  

Job 2, despite my love for it, doesn't even come close to job 1.  It's just allowing me to have an extra however many hours inputting acceptance and hopefully expressing something of God into the lives of young people who are disadvantaged.  


No comments: