Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It makes a difference!

The cold.  I blame the cold for my morning distractions on here - i get to a point (shower, get dressed, bible...) where i need to leave my room (hairdryer, make-up, rare occasion of breakfast, go out), and i just can't bring myself to.  Just sitting on my bed now i can feel the cold coming from my door, and it's closed!!

You see, heating in this house is a bit stupid.  The timer's broken, and so we need to have the heating on all the time, or not at all.  But we feel bad if we have all of it on all the time - that's a lot of money for our landlady - so we just have our bedroom and bathroom radiators on.  Which means anywhere else in the morning is FREEZING.  Plus the front door is old and so you can actually feel the draft coming off it, and see the gaps where it's coming from.  It radiates cold.  Which means our landing and stairs and entry are only warm when it's hot outside.  

So...I've got this far, i think i should be given an award for the effort and then be able to go back to bed.

No comments: