Friday, January 23, 2009

Idonthaveaclue

Man.  I've had a good life.  Crap moments, but good life.  

The young people...they haven't.  I was at job no 2 today, and they've seen/experienced/learnt of stuff that makes me so sad.  Most of them i've never experienced at nearly-23, and so i can't completely understand them.  I can empathise, and i can try to understand in part, but today for some reason it's really re-hit me that i'm living in a different world to them.  

Because of situations they've been forced into, because of whatever reason that i'm not going into, their chances of happiness, security, success in our world have all been radically reduced.  It's not fair.

It's just so, so not fair.

What can i do? I have to do something.  I don't know what that something can be.  But the rest of my life is going to be made of 'somethings' that will hopefully amount to something positive in their lives.  'Somethings' that mean they break out of the pattern set before them.  

No-one can judge them.  They are products of their upbringing.  And it breaks my heart.  I'm broken over these guys.  

It's not fair.  But i'm gonna try and make it a bit better.  Somehow.  

God help me - i'm clueless.  In You, with You, i believe i can do it.  Without you there's not much point.

No comments: