Sunday, December 14, 2008

London

I love London.  I love Birmingham - really i do.  But the thing is, i get the same feeling when i arrive in London as i do when i get to Birmingham.  That comforting sort-of 'i'm home' sensation.  Although if i'm honest it's a lot easier to feel uncomfortable in London than in Birmingham.  Guess that goes without saying though - Birmingham is home, and where i spend most of my life, and i only see my Londoner friends once every couple of months. :)
 
I've just been on the Thames for a friend Rich's Pirate 40th Birthday Party, and London is so lovely.  Beautiful.  All the buildings! By the lovely Thames.  And then i walked through Greenwich, and that was equally beautiful.  The South Eastern Accent (provided it's not teenage girls we're talking about) is kind-of soothing.  It's all lovely.  And i love it.  I think Birmingham and London should be next to each other.  

I'd happily be classed as a southerner if it meant my two favorite places could be together.  

No comments: