Friday, December 12, 2008

I drove to London!

Ok, so i reckon, when you take into consideration the short amount of time i've been driving (got my license just over 5 months ago), i've actually done quite a bit of long distance driving.  But coming to London, more specifically SE London (i've already driven to North London) is a really big thing for me.  I've been visiting here for over three years, and lived here for a year before that.

You have no idea how nice it was to be in control of my getting here - not needing to lug my stuff around, time myself with multiple bits of public transport...i loved it.  I'm so used to having to cut conversations short because i've got to catch a train/bus, how early i used to have to get up to get here for midday, i'd wake up and ask myself if it was worth it...although really there should be no question.

I promised myself that when i could drive, i'd come down here in a car.  And now i have.  And only used a quarter of the tank...which is making me think it could be financially viable to make it more frequent!!

I love the space i get in my car.  It's MY car.  And i'm in control.  And there's no-one else in there, for, well, today it was 3 hours.  I was my own person, completely on my own, and that felt wonderful.  I love people, and couldn't handle too long like that, but it just felt so great to know that it was just me and my car for the next few hours.  I could sing, talk to myself, to God, shout, whatever.  Liberating.  Reviving.  Independence.  Love it. 

No comments: