Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas time :)

Christmas shopping is over :) i did it all, and it is all good.  I now feel christmassy!  Yay.  I'm not really looking forward to Christmas though.  Is an odd one.  It used to be something huge, obviously, when i was a kid, but now it's not really at all.  And Dad's working on Christmas day...i end up finding myself trying to not be excited because i don't want to be disappointed.  But then the purpose of it all is just to celebrate the amazingness of Jesus coming to earth for us, and that should be the focus of it all.  So maybe i should stop thinking about excitement and spend more time thinking about God's love and gift.  I went to a church service tonight that was Christmassy and it really reminded me of how it's easy for me to get caught up in the excitement and forget about truely enjoying it's purpose.  If that makes any sense...?!

No comments: