Friday, December 26, 2008

Crazy Shopping People!

I've been thinking about these sales.  I wanted to go out today, but didn't because of the crazy people who buy everything and make it all busy.  It's insane watching them all cram into shops and run and push to get to the bargains - as if life depended on it!  Now, i LOVE a bargain, i really do, but i just think it goes a bit too far really.  

My poor friend Hannah went out at 8am to catch the sales, and left around 11:30 having bought nothing - she said she was waiting to get into River Island with 200 other people!! Outside of ONE SHOP!!!  And apparently the queues were the longest she'd ever seen.  I think it'd just stress me out and get me all tense, and i'd end up wanting to punch someone.  

What i can't get over is that these shops are selling things at 70% off...surely they're still making a profit from it...so why do they price everything so ridiculously high?!  I mean, even if they sold things at a 25% cut, they'd still make money, and we'd not have to save up so much before treating ourselves to a new pair of shoes or a new bag or whatever (which are both things i need btw!).  

I predict with the difficult financial times (not the newspaper btw) there'll be a lot of sales in 2009, so i'll not be rushing and pushing with the masses!

No comments: